
So the sentence finally came down...the NHL has suspended Sean Avery for six (6) games for his loose talk in an interview about his ex-girlfriend, Elisha Cuthbert (remember what a liability to Jack Bauer she was...who steps on a bear trap and almost get killed by a mountain lion?). Seriously Bettman? You're a jackass. I understand that you don't want the NHL becoming the NBA, with everyone talking $h!t about everyone. Or the NFL, where people shoot themselves in the leg. But the gorilla in the room is beating his chest while trying to point out the hipocracy in this ruling. Check out this quote from a story:
The NHL announced Friday that Avery has also agreed to seek professional anger-management evaluation and, "if necessary, structured counselling in response to a pattern of unacceptable and anti-social behaviour."
Sure the NHL doesn't want to turn into one of the other disrespectful professional leagues, but what are they running here...a goddamn dance floor? I mean, certain players in the show can barely skate, not that it matters since they're only there to use their fists (not that I have a problem with that).
I'll leave it up to your judgment though, maybe what he said was very, very brutal. Here, judge for yourself:
Yes, maybe some action is appropriate, but six games is really pushing it. I'd prefer to let it get handled in the way the old NHL handled everything. Drop the mitts, square off and, in the words of Dave Semenko..."go for a little canoe ride, eh." I'm sure Phaneuf would even the score.
But really, aren't we all missing the point here? If Sean Avery should be suspended for anything, it's for wearing these sunglasses. We all know fashion is cyclical, but it's not yet time for Lenny Kravitz circa '93. Patience Sean.
1 comment:
i wish the best all of my enemies could come up with was 'sloppy seconds'.
Post a Comment